FinanzOnline for public authorities
FinanzOnline provides a one-click link to the Austrian tax administration. The application, which has received multiple international awards, saves time and money, and moreover eases the burden on the government budget.
Table of contents
- FinanzOnline offers numerous benefits over paper returns
- FinanzOnline offers the following functions
- Registering with FinanzOnline
Of course, security functions and technologies, some of which are our own innovations, guarantee that your data remains secure.
- Free of charge
- No special software needed
- Protection of your data thanks to modern security functions and technologies
- Saves times – no travel time or queuing
- Access 24 hours a day – no restriction to opening hours
- Transmission of large data quantities using data flow processes in XML format
- Dispensing with paper forms protects the environment
- Relieves the burden on the government budget
- Accessing information on municipal tax audits
- Transmission of assessment bases for municipal tax
- Return of audit results concerning municipal tax
- Assessment basis for the rateable value
- Access to all AMS services
- Transmission of tax data for reviewing applications at the AMS
- Activation of e-Card as Citizen Card
- Activation of mobile signature
- Consumer taxes
- ECMS – Excise Movement Control System
- Disused hazardous site levy (Altlastenbeitrag)
- Access to the supplementary register
- Transmission of annual financial statements to the commercial register
- Cyberdoc – Notarial document archive
- Archivium – Lawyers’ document archive
- Access to licence database of the Austrian Insurance Association
- Access to the Business Service Portal
- Access to the federal electronic invoicing system
Note: Please be aware that FinanzOnline is only available in the German language.
Local authorities can register for FinanzOnline at any tax office.
The legal representative (mayor) must present the following documents:
- Registration form completed in full
- Documentary evidence of legal authority to represent the local authority (official letter from the local authority)
- Official identity card or passport
The legal representative may also arrange to be represented by a holder of a notarized special power of attorney. Access codes (initial PIN, subscriber ID) for FinanzOnline will either be communicated in person at the tax office or in a registered “RSa” letter.