FinanzOnline for Citizens
FinanzOnline provides a one-click link to the Austrian tax administration. Using FinanzOnline, Austrian citizens can, for instance, file their tax return electronically from home 24 hours a day. Processing your employment tax return online saves both time and money. Upon request, assessment notices can be delivered electronically in just a few days.
Table of contents
Of course, security functions and technologies, some of which are our own innovations, guarantee that your data remains secure. 3 million Austrians already process their employment tax returns via FinanzOnline, and 96 % rate the Finance Ministry´s application, which has received multiple international awards, as “very good”.
- Free of charge
- No special software needed
- Protection of your data thanks to modern security functions and technologies
- Saves times – no travel time or queuing
- Access 24 hours a day – no restriction to opening hours
- If you are due a refund, the money will reach your bank account faster
- Protects the environment as no paper forms are required
- Relieves the burden on the government budget
- Employment tax return
- Application for family allowance and payment
- Access to tax file and account statement
- Amendment of basic details
- Refund applications
- Advance tax calculation (also available without registering)
- Electronic delivery of assessment notice (via DataBox)
- Electronic delivery and response in the event of queries from the tax authority concerning your tax return (request for additional information)
Note: Please be aware that FinanzOnline is only available in the German language. Registering for FinanzOnline can be undertaken online from the comfort of your own home:
- In order to register, all you need is an official identity card or passport.
- Complete the electronic form and just click to send the data to the tax office.
- Within a few days, you will receive a registered “RSa” letter which contains your initial PIN and subscriber ID for registering with FinanzOnline.
You can also register for FinanzOnline in writing (using a form) or in person at any tax office.