The use of cookies allows us to optimise your experience on this site. We use cookies for statistical and quality assurance purposes. By continuing to browse our site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

For further information, click on the following link


Transferring your Normal Place of Residence from an EU Member State

When relocating from another EU country, you do not need to pay any import taxes and duties, nor observe any formalities concerning your personal property. However, before first registering your car in Austria, you must pay a tax based on the standard fuel consumption of vehicles at the competent tax office.

Please be aware that when first registering of a motor vehicle in Austria a standard consumption tax - the NOVA (Normverbrauchsabgabe) – is due, payable at the competent (local) tax office.