FinanzOnline for citizens
FinanzOnline provides a one-click link to the Austrian tax administration. Processing your employment tax return online saves both time and money. Moreover, it helps to ease the burden on the government budget; since the launch of FinanzOnline in 2003, around EUR 260 million has already been saved. In addition, FinanzOnline also makes a valuable contribution to climate protection. Nine million electronic applications per year help to save about 12,000 tons of CO2.
Of course, security functions and technologies, some of which are our own innovations, guarantee that your data remains secure. 1.2 million Austrians already process their employment tax returns via FinanzOnline, and most rate our application, which has received multiple international awards, as “very good”.
FinanzOnline offers numerous benefits over paper returns:
- Free of charge
- No special software needed
- Protection of your data thanks to modern security functions and technologies
- Saves times – no travel time or queuing
- Access 24 hours a day – no restriction to opening hours
- If you are due a refund, the money will reach your bank account faster
- Protects the environment as no paper forms are required
- Relieves the burden on the government budget
FinanzOnline offers the following functions:
- Employment tax return
- Application for family allowance and payment
- Access to tax file and account statement
- Amendment of basic details
- Refund applications
- Advance tax calculation (also available without registering)
- Electronic delivery of assessment notice (via DataBox)
- Electronic delivery and response in the event of queries from the tax authority concerning your tax return (request for additional information)
Registering for FinanzOnline
Note: Please be aware that FinanzOnline is only available in the German language.
Registering for FinanzOnline can be undertaken online from the comfort of your own home:
- In order to register, all you need is an official identity card or passport.
- Complete the electronic form and just click to send the data to the tax office.
- Within a few days, you will receive a registered “RSa” letter which contains your initial PIN and subscriber ID for registering with FinanzOnline.
You can also register for FinanzOnline in writing (using a form) or in person at any tax office.